The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) exam every year for recruitment in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts theExam for recruitment to various posts like:
• Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
• Data Entry Operator (DEO).
• Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
• Court Clerk.
now you can hence your dream job with ALL EXAMS provide How to clear CHSL 2018 ,SSC CHSL 2018, SSC CHSL Free Mock Test, SSC CHSL Free Practice Test, SSC CHSL old Question paper, SSC CHSL Mock Test 2018, SSC CHSL Practice Test 2018
Register for free through website or download our app from .
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2018
Good news for SSC Aspirants, SSC CHSL 2017-18 vacancies are now increased upto 3,271. Earlier the number of Vacancy was 3,259. Tentative vacancies for the posts of LDC/ JSA, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and DEO are 910, 2359, 2 and Data Entry Operator Grade”A”- Nil, respectively.
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2018
The SSC CHSL exam is held in 3 stages called (Tiers). While the first one is online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) start conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts from 2016:
|Tier – I
|Objective Multiple Choice
|Computer Based (online)
|Tier – II
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi
|Pen and Paper mod
|Tier – III
|Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
Before beginning the SSC CHSL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018 are given below::
• SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to
• Tier III will remain same.
• No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|Profit & Loss
|Mixtures & Allegations
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
|Work & Time
|Fill in the blanks
|Time & Distance
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
|Awards and Honors
|One Word Substitution
|Books and Authors
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
|Sequence & Series
|Permutation, Combination &Probability
• There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes .
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
• Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
There are 3 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2018. The 3 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Age Limit: 18-27 years as on 01.08.2018 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-2000).
3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.