The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.ALL EXAMS Provide top level of Free mock tests and Practice Test, SSC CGL free mock tests, SSC CGL free Practice tests, SSC CGL mock tests, SSC CGL Practice tests, SSC CGL mock tests 2018. SSC CGL Exams 2018, Free SSC CGL examination Mock test and all Mock Test for SSC CGL.
Register for free through website or download our app from .
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern - The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Puzzle||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2018. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2018, which are tabulated below:
|Age group||Name of post||Department / Ministries||Class Fiction||Grade pay|
|18-27 years||Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”||4600|
|Auditor||Officer under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Officer Under CGDA||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Other Ministries/Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant||Officer under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant / Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/ Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks||Central Govt. offices Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group “C”||2400|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group “C”||2400|
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “C”||2400|
|Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||Dte. General Border Road Organisation (MoD)
Only For Male Candidates
|18-30 years||Inspector Posts||Department of Post.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|20-27 years||Tax Assistant||CBEC||Group “C”||2400|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”||4600|
|Not Exceeding 30 years||Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector (Preventive officer)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant / Superintendent||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”||4600|
|Divisional Accountant||Officer under CAG||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics & Prog. Implementation||Group “B”||4200|
2. Age Limit:The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories.
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2018 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL 2018 Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration